If the course does not proceed as scheduled due to COVID, you will be entitled to a full refund.
Date: Saturday April 9 and Sunday April 10
Venue: Making Strides - Shed 2 - 7 Dover Drive, Burleigh Heads
Saturday: Registration at 8:45 am, the course commences at 9 am and concludes at 4 pm.
Sunday: Course commences at 9 am and concludes at 4 pm.
Presenter: Louise O'Sullivan
Cost: $495 or $250 for undergrad students. For students registering please use the coupon code "Student" at checkout to activate the discount and email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your student card or evidence of student status.
There is no obligation to purchase any Sticks when registering or after the course. You can attend the course and trial the different length Sticks, and then after the course purchase a bundle of Sticks at the packaged prices and save $$$. See below the savings available.
Book at the same time as your colleague or friend, and save on the cost of the course component of the registration, i.e. the Sticks are not discounted.
- If two people register together - you each save 10% ($50)
- If three people register together - you each save 15% ($75)
- If four people register together - you each save 20% ($100)
- Stick Mobility Manual
- PDF copy of the course presentation
- Access to the entire online video library consisting of in excess of more than 150 online instructional videos
- Certificate of completion
- Stick Mobility t-shirt
- Option to join a private coaches Facebook group
- Option for your details to be listed on the Stick Mobility coaches directory
- OPTIONAL - bundle of 3 sticks if selected at time of registration
- Introduction to Stick Mobility principles:
- Proprioception - feedback and co-ordination
- Irradiation - recruitment of neighbouring muscles
- Isometric strength
- Instruction, demonstration and practice of exercises – joint mobilising, isolated strengthening, fascial mobilisation and combinations of the above
- Introduction to the concept of partner exercises
- Run through of 2 x 1 hour Stick Mobility class examples for those who wish to run Group Exercise sessions
- Practice teaching Stick Mobility exercises to fellow attendees
The Stick Mobility course is a physical course and the majority of the two days are spent doing practical exercises. Attendees can work at their own pace so it is suitable for all fitness levels. Following the course, the attendees should be competent to teach Stick Mobility classes or incorporate the Stick Mobility principles and exercises working 1:1 with individual patients/clients.
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association - 12 RP's
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia - 12 CPD points
- Fitness Australia - for 14 CEC’s (you must be a registered Group Exercise/ Gym Instructor in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs)
The following associations recognise members who attend courses within their scope of practice.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Chiropractors Association
- Podiatry Board of Australia
- Occupational Therapy Australia
- Association of Massage Therapists
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Add Sticks to your course registration: For an additional $300, add a bundle of 3 sticks to take home.
- If you are < 178cm in height, the recommended bundle of 3 sticks is (2 x 6 foot and 1 x 4 foot), and would normally cost $345, or
- if you are > 178cm in height, the recommended bundle of 3 sticks is (2 x 7 foot and 1 x 5 foot), and would normally cost $390.
You can attend the course and trial the different length Sticks, and then after the course, purchase a bundle of Sticks at the packaged prices. There is no obligation to purchase any Sticks after the course.
We can accommodate you:
- if you can only attend one of the two days,
- or if you are interested in either a Stick Mobility demonstration, or course, at your workplace for you and your colleagues.
Notice of a cancellation received more than one week prior to the course will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations in the week prior to the course will not receive a refund as all our costs are incurred by then.
If you have any questions about this course please contact Tony via email@example.com or 0439 619 490.