Please register by Friday 30 July to ensure the Sticks will arrive in time for the course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org after this date to discuss potential options for getting Sticks prior to the course.
The content for this course will be exactly the same as our in person/face to face Level 1 course. The online interactive course will be conducted using Zoom.
Date: Sunday August 15
Times: (Times are Australian Eastern Standard time) - registration at 10:45 am, the course commences at 11 am and concludes at 6 pm.
Presenter: Nat Amar
Venue: Virtual Classroom -we will send course link when we get closer to the course.
What do I need to attend a virtual classroom?
- A set of Stick Mobility Sticks (we recommend 2 x long Sticks (6 or 7 Foot) and 1 x short Stick (4 or 5 Foot).
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or phone
- Headphones are optional
- Reliable WIFI
Cost: $205 or $100 for undergrad students. For students registering please use the coupon code "Student 2" at checkout to activate the discount and email email@example.com a copy of your student card or evidence of student status.
Any international attendees can take 10% off the above registration costs, as the GST is not applicable to them.
See below to bundle Sticks with your course registration and save $$$
Book at the same time as your colleague or friend and save on the cost of the course component of the registration.
- If two people register together - you each save 10%
- If three people register together - you each save 15%
- If four people register together - you each save 20%
Australian based participants receive:
- Stick Mobility Manual
- PDF copy of the course presentation
- Certificate of completion
- Stick Mobility t-shirt
- OPTIONAL - bundle of 3 sticks if selected at time of registration
Non Australian based (International) participants receive:
- PDF copy of the Stick Mobility Manual
- PDF copy of the course presentation
- Electronic certificate of completion
- Introduction to Stick Mobility principles:
- Proprioception - feedback and co-ordination
- Irradiation - recruitment of neighbouring muscles
- Isometric strength
- Instruction, demonstration and practice of exercises – joint mobilising, isolated strengthening, fascial mobilisation and combinations of the above
- Learn some great exercises to complement your treatment for various areas of the body- hips, shoulders, thoracic rotation and lumbopelvic control
- Introduction to large fascial chain exercises
- Practice teaching Stick Mobility exercises to fellow attendees
The Stick Mobility course is a physical course and the majority of the day is spent doing practical exercises. Attendees can work at their own pace so it is suitable for all fitness levels. Following the course, the attendees should be competent to incorporate the Stick Mobility principles and exercises working 1:1 with individual patients/clients to complement your manual therapy techniques with your patients, and kick start their rehab journey.
The following associations recognise members who attend courses within their scope of practice.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Podiatry Board of Australia
- Occupational Therapy Australia
- Association of Massage Therapists
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Add Sticks to your course registration: For an additional $300, add a bundle of 3 sticks to take home.
- If you are < 178cm in height, the recommended bundle of 3 sticks is (2 x 6 foot and 1 x 4 foot), save $45, or
- if you are > 178cm in height, the recommended bundle of 3 sticks is (2 x 7 foot and 1 x 5 foot), save $90.
Notice of a cancellation received more than one week prior to the course will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations in the week prior to the course will not receive a refund as all our costs are incurred by then.
If you have any questions about this course please contact Tony via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 619 490.